Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Beautifully Disney Makeup, review and swatches



In March Disney parks launched a "high end" make up line titled "Beautifully Disney" It  WAS exclusive to the Parks and Vault 33 but it recently launched online. This is exiting because it eliminated most scalping that was being done, that was very sad since the line is all ready a bit pricy. It is the same price on line and in store.

NOW ON SALE BUY 3 GET 1 FREE
All Cruelty free and Hypoallergenic 

March Collection - Wickedly Beautiful
2 quads .1oz/disc - $27.95
Enchanted Kiss (eye opener)
Midnight Hour (evil eye)
2 polish sets .14 fl oz/bottle* - $19.95
Beauty rare (Princeses) - Enchanted Kiss, ocean mist, off to the ball, lookign for my prince and 
Icy Beauty (villains) - Midnight hour, mistress of evil, just one bite, Diva of the deep
*In store you can purchase these individually in the full 3oz size for $8.95
8 lip glosses .08 fl oz - $14.95
Dragon Diva - Dark purple
Soul Survivor - deep plum/ shimmer
Envy of the Ball - Magenta/ Gold Glitter
Loves first kiss - Mauve/ shimmer
Mysterious Mermaid - Sheer Coral/ shimmer
Enchanted Slumber - Sheer w/a gold shimmer
Stroke of Midnight - Sheer w/a silver shimmer


Finally getting around to doing this becasue there aren't enough reviews for this new line.  It's one of the reason I was extremely hesitant when getting it and hopefully this helps someone. I purchased the Midnight hour quad and Enchanted Slumber Gloss inside disneyland in New Orleans Square. Since the sale I have purchased all the polishes and a few more glosses but update on that once they arrive in the mail. 

Midnight Hour - I chose this one because Enchanted kiss seemed very neutral and I all ready have plenty of those colors.

Villain's silluettes (evil queen, Maleficent, Ursula)

Eye shadows don't have names just numbered 1-4, 
...... wait a mintue... dejavu here... oooohh yah!


So I depoted #4 to check. It came out very easily as it was just glued in with a smll piece of cardboard.

Popped into my sugarpill pro pallet. a pretty good fit, but the disney pans have no magnet so they dont stay in

does not work as great vice versa

well onto the shadows!

1 swipe, 1 swipe with primer (using finger)
I swatched them out of order sorry

#1, Cool Champagne color w/ silver shimmer, this color is a Satin, very smooth and easy to blend but very close to my skin color so I have to really pack it on even with primer.  Almost too easy to blend, it disappears quickly, but once again that may just be on my skin tone.

Here it is next to Mac's  Sweet Joy -Frost (Cruela) Very diffrent in pan but similar in swatch, sweet joy is more yellow mostly because one swipe does so much more. You can also see the size difference  Mac is .05 oz while DIsney is a full.1oz

#3 This one has great color pay off. Iti s a light silver with silver shimmer it swatches true and i think i will be using this color the most especially under Tiara (sugarpill). I would call this a frost since the glitter does brake down once you give it a good buff.

Her it is next to Tiara(top), #3(bottom) The color is actually more concentrated and deeper. but tiara has all the magic sparkle. No primer

#2 Is a deep navy. I woudl say velux pearl, it has a bit of a fall out issue, but it's so light and smooth once you buff it down.  This one made me sad, it is dark in pan and color can be built to that level if you pack it. Once you blend it however, it basically becomes a stain, pretty but not the vibrancy I expected.


#4 is a sparkley charcoal. It is definetly not black. This is the color you get when you are scraed of black but want black.
#4, Carbon (MAC), Myth (Labyrinth), Bulletproof(sugarpill), stella (sugarpill)
everythgin was one swipe, except for #4 it was 2 because at 1 it had trouble photographing. I will say this it is much more workable than all the others.

Enchanted Slumber - Sleeping Beauty
I chose this color beacuse it caught my eye as most unique. It looked very similar to a lime crime gloss that I adore and though I would wear the heck out of a more subtle version
Beautifully packaged


The make up has all of the new art for the Princess, to some a con, to some a pro.

A sponge tip. I prefer this on glosses with sparkle because the brushes tend to chunk up with the glitter after some time

one swipe (left), two swipes (top), Golden ticket (Lime Crime) (right)

Overall I truly loved this gloss. It is light and not sticky, very much like Mac's lip glass feel with the Urban Decay not so sticky finish. The wear is medium and it is slightly hydrating. The gloss is very sheer, but if it had been anything like Golden Ticket (Lime Crime) not many people would have bought it. I imagine it being great over different lip colors.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now on to the packaging; when you can't swatch a product you are basically forced to judge a book by it's cover. Although I loved the colors and fancy silhouettes, the quad its self was nothing to gasp over. In the display case in store you can see the issues right away. 

 

The shadows don't actually fill the pots. not a huge deal, but a big pet pieve of mine, you can see the silver and it's an eye sore against the matt black of the box. It closes with a magnet but does not stay propped up on its own, thats okay since it has no mirror. But for $30+ so cal tax, a mirror would have been nice. You can see that when the pans were put in it caused some damge to the cardboard. The circles look like they were cut by hand with a pair of safety scissors because they aren't perfect rounds and have snags all over. Again for a lower price palet not a big deal. The afterthoughts of packaging was what deterred me form buying more, especially the polish and glosses.



All of the cute details are just stickers. Remove them and it's just a run of the mill gloss tube, it is the same for the polishes. BUT WORSE! the labels on the bottom were place with scotch tape. Classy Disney real classy. The plastic inside the package and the instructions telling me not to eat or give it to my child as a toy really yell high end.

TLDR

So I give the collectio a 3.8/5. For one the products are easy to work with so great for everydya looks. They may not be as pigmented as I would want them, but if they were I don't think they would be as apealing to the masses. Not everyon wants to walk around with neon purple hair and eye shadow to match. They may have scored higher if the price was not so high and the packaging better. Most of the lose for me was on the packaging. The product itself was good and althoguh not the most long lasting it did as well as many brands that I have payed this much for , occasionally more. However if something is going to be marketed as high end and given these price tags I expect a little more. There is no way you would ever see this on Mac or Chanel. Also no returns YIKES.

Would I buy them again? Yes I am a slave to Disney, would I knock on doors and tell people to buy them? Probably not. I hope that for the next collection they fix the ltitle issues, because I all ready know I'm going to be buying them XD


1 comment :

  1. many many this blog is very useful for us.because we learn many things from this blog
    spiders

    ReplyDelete