Monday, January 23, 2012

Mail came today!!!!! It's milky rail train!!!!!!

This took forever to come because I ordered every piece basically; and BABY/AATP does this amazing thing where every piece in a big set is released at different times. :/ It was totally worth it though. My only complaint was that I'm not a huge fan of the embroidered clocks, for the price they could have easily made them out of metal. Some clocks are, and it looks much classier.

I order this set through SS, I could have ordered it online, but I am horrible at waking up at 3am for reservations and often miss the pieces I want most. I decided not to risk it and shell out the extra 10% since I have ordered from her before and knew she was reliable. I wont give the full price of the set because to be honest plus fees shipping etc I have no idea, it was sent in multiple payments because of the whole release date things as well as exchange rate issues. Just as a marker however my initial 25% deposit was 800$ then the yen skyrocketed!!! XD

This was a Mitsukazu Mihara X Alice and The Pirates collaboration

WARNING: So sorry if this takes forever to load I do not know how to make a blogger cut, I looked it up but it basically made me do this @.@ so I gave up.

Enough Chatter on to the PIX!!

The entire loot!! basically the entire series aside from the head gear because it wasn't really my style

entire female set

details

front

back

removable bustier and sleeves

bodice details

male set

details

prince pants

suspenders

Shirt

removable tie/ golden rose buttons

Corresponding GLB issue #41

dolls

The bear was a gift w/purchase item, his necklace is a mustache that actually pins on to his nose!!



clock bag(black) there was brown option but I felt it wasn't as versatile.
Knee high socks, I have a grey and black set like this but I felt the white went better, plus at that point what's another $27


3 post card gift w/purchase for full set orders. They got a bit bent in transit :(

poster gift w/full set orders, this thing is Pretty huge

his and her coat/ caplet

they are actually one but it detaches, the big part buttons on the guy blouse and looks amazing. I would have never realized this had the dolls not been wearing it as such.


The best part about this set is that even though it seems like a one trick pony, almost all of the little pieces are detachable. It can be very elaborate or very basic, so I can see myself doing so much with it. Here are some pics of a few pieces, they all came individually wrapped in bags w/ A/P stickers and I had to use the pictures to figure out where to stick what.


the roses come off the ribbon broach

choker

belt/necklace

Bonus pic of my Yorkie melody wearing her new A/P bows

The box it came in! good thing we have an elevator

That's all for today! Stay tuned for the unveiling of the dolls post.




6 comments :

  1. I was wondering if some things might be detachable. Very nice to know.

    Also I'm so jealous of that poster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was very worried that I would have to always wear it the exact same way. So it was a very pleasant surprise when I started to find all the packages w/bows and chains. It was so nice of them them to include the little gifts. :)

      Delete
  2. Omg that's amazing! I've been waiting to see pics for Milky Rail Train. It's gorgeous in my opinion but I don't have the funds to even fathom gettint it right now. Congrats! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so do I! Yes, it was definitely a big monetary commitment. I basically thought about how much harder it would be to find all of the pieces later + separate shipping etc. So in the end it was worth it to make some cuts in order to get it, since I instantly knew it would be a dream set for me.

      Delete
    2. That's very true! It is probably easier to get everything all at once even though the $$$ total was probably shocking! XD
      Thank you for sharing your purchase and pictures. ♥

      Delete
  3. this is such a beautiful series/set and i adore the artwork, and seeing it come to life, its amazing!! i hope you will have some worn photos soon! <3

    ReplyDelete